Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The application process consists of starry-eyed


Some offers husbilar are too good to be true. For the aspiring space cadet, Bas Lansdorp has proposed an opportunity to change the lives of cosmically inclined daydreamers across the globe that would make them immortal in the eyes of history. husbilar For $38 —less if you're not American, as the price is pegged to GDP—you can apply to the Mars One space travel husbilar program husbilar in the hopes of receiving a one-way ticket to Mars. The first flight is planned to launch in September, 2022. 
The  ambitious project  plans to send a group of multinational individuals to the red planet to colonize husbilar and live there for the rest of their lives. To raise the needed $6 billion dollars for the trip, Lansdorp plans on turning the entire trip, from training to launch-off, into a reality TV program funded by the media and advertisers, as Motherboard detailed awhile husbilar back.
Even with an extremely willing suspension of disbelief, there are too many questions husbilar to ask about the credibility of Lansdorp  and the legitimacy of this project. Still, husbilar over 100,000 people worldwide have paid the application fee and said a wish while clicking husbilar send, including over 30,000 Americans. 
The application process consists of starry-eyed denizens sending in general information, a motivational letter, resume and one minute video that answers why they should be one of the first people to colonize Mars. The application videos are all viewable online , and there is a rating system that possibly decides who will be sent to Mars, not unlike a MTV reality show casting. 
I've gone digging through the applicants, and there's a range of hopefuls from the earnestly naive to the utterly delusional. One applicant  pontificates if there will be "dance parties all night long," while another dons a gold shirt and plastic headpiece and laments that although he does not have a sense of humor, he is still ready for this trip.
Some applicants are so over-the-top insane that it appears to be trolling, like the tinfoil hat-wearing Australian guy  who claims to be "hiding from the Zetans." The application fee and general lack of views suggest that maybe this dude is dead serious: husbilar going to Mars is his best option in life. 
A consistent theme throughout is how serious husbilar everyone is about this project. If offered the opportunity to leave their earthly belongings and travel to space forever, these people are ready to pack their bags and leave now. To find out why, I reached out to talk to a few of the applicants and have share what's motivating them to head to Mars. (While husbilar some of their emailed responses have been edited for length, I haven't edited them for style.)
Willard: I use Facebook, DeviantArt, Orkut, Ning, Yahoo, and some more social networking sites every time I got my vacant time especially when I got home. And also with the help of my families and friends who fully support my candidacy to achieve the goal I ever dreamed in life.
My answer is: A) To fix the Life Support System as per the mission designed. B) To introduce my own invention of Infinite Energy 'Producing Infinite Electricity' without the help of any fuel, water, solar or any sort of fuel known by man, to support the Power Demand of all people who will live on this planet forever.
Sir, I am very much confident that this Mars One program will successfully completed its mission by 2023. However, I will continue husbilar to pay the application fees to support this mission continually. 
Sybelle : In terms of how my acting experience helps with this process, husbilar I'd say that I am already used to being in front of cameras and dealing with media, so I am not made uncomfortable by the television aspect of the process. I have been in communication with some other applicants, and some of them are finding the attention a little overwhelming. All the people I've met so far are very very intelligent and have lots to offer, but that doesn't necessarily make it easy to show that when being bombarded by the press, lol.
Oh, wow, I would be leaving behind a LOT. A lot of people, people husbilar I've grown to love and care about. Family, including my daughter, whom I will miss very much. She'll be 18 by the time the first mission leaves, plus the rest of our family is very supportive of her, so I know she'll be fine. Her dad is 100% behind her always, I know she's in good hands. Oh, and I am quite sure I'd be leaving behind my career in entertainment, lol.
Rodrigo:  As a young kid, everything used to scare me. Darkness, loneliness, noise, clowns, monsters in the closet… it was all scary to me. See, when you are a fearful person, the stability of your context, everything that surrounds you, is instrumental in making you feel safe. But

No comments:

Post a Comment