Saturday, May 24, 2014

I myself, invested pkw in other poker players. I personally found and attracted the best deals that


To
Some Of Silicon Valley's Biggest Companies Have A New Plan To Connect With The City Thomas Page had no experience in the tech industry or in venture capitalism when he sat down for his first job interview, a meeting with Sequoia pkw Capital's billionaire venture capitalist Michael Moritz.
Page moved to Silicon Valley from Wolverhampton, England in 2012 with no technology or business experience. But he felt several of his poker skills could translate well to the industry, and here's the email he sent Moritz last year:
To those that played pkw poker against me, they know that I am able to make good strategic judgments, and that I am reasonably clever, but most importantly I also work very hard. These traits pkw were at the roots of my poker successes.
I myself, invested pkw in other poker players. I personally found and attracted the best deals that were available by specializing in specific forms of poker. A world that is not far away from operating within Venture Capital.
Page didn't end up getting the position with Sequoia Capital, but his meeting with Moritz is part of what led him to co-found Blonk.  After the interview with Moritz, Page played poker to raise some more money, which he used to get Blonk started. 
"One of my co-founders was asking each of us about [our] first job interviews," he wrote. "And it brought a smile to all [of] our faces when I told my story of not having a clue and being interviewed by a billionaire." 
Apply To Be An "Insider" »
Mobile Chart Of The Day Science Select Social Media Chart Of The Day Enterprise pkw Select Video Chart Of The Day Payments Chart Of The Day E-Commerce Chart Of The Day
Your Money NASDAQ Composite 4,186 +31.47 (+0.757%) S&P 500 1,901 +8.04 (+0.425%) NYSE Composite 10,682 +37.34 (+0.351%) pkw
The 22 Coolest Small Businesses In London
Trending
E-Commerce And The Future Of Retail 2014 [SLIDE DECK] Beacons: pkw What They Are, How They're Used For Payments And Retail, And Why Apple's Ahead The Massive Credit And Debit Card Security Overhaul In The US Is Coming    


No comments:

Post a Comment